Thursday, December 23, 2010

Dimitar Berbatov: I would rather quit football than leave Manchester United

Dimitar Berbatov: I would rather quit football than leave Manchester UnitedDimitar Berbatov has claimed he would sooner walk away from football altogether than leave current club Manchester United. The £30 million striker is the Premier League’s top scorer this season with 11 goals but has divided fan opinion since he joined the Old Trafford club. But the Bulgarian, coming into the final 18 months of his contract, is not about to give up his No.9 shirt.


"I fought to have a chance to play for United and now I can only go down if I leave," Berbatov said, as quoted by the Telegraph. "Why I should do this? It would be better to retire."Berbatov, 29, has been named Bulgaria’s Footballer of the Year for the seventh time and in November became only the fourth player in Premier League history to score five goals in one match, after United’s 7-1 win over Blackburn Rovers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2010 Manchester United