Monday, May 24, 2010

Pienaar alerts Manchester United and Tottenham by rejecting Everton deal

The 28-year-old is entering the final year of his contract and unless he signs a contract extension for David Moyes' side, the South African international will soon be available for free. Should Everton choose to cash in, Tottenham and Manchester United are said to be leading the chase.

Moyes is keen to keep his side together and tie down players like Pienaar to Goodison Park. However, the Daily Mail reports that Pienaar rejected an offer from Everton two weeks ago and has not heard from the club since.


Talking to the South Afircan media, he said, "Yes, I'd say the spirit of discussions was very good, but we have differing valuations, so my future isn't clear. I don't know. Everton may keep me for the last year of my deal. But they could sell me too. If they decide to sell, and the move is correct for my career, then I'll consider it. Hopefully this hasn't been my last season at Goodison. But in football, who knows?"

According to media reports earlier this month, Tottenham officials have already contacted Everton officials regarding Pienaar, while Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson is said to be an admirer of the midfielder. Either side would have to part with an estimated £18 million for Pienaar's signature, according to the Daily Mail.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2010 Manchester United