Monday, November 23, 2009

Manchester United star Valencia hoping to show off his celebration moves

Antonio Valencia is dusting down his dancing shoes after promising more goals for Manchester United. The Ecuadorian winger has managed just three strikes since signing for the Red Devils in the summer, his latest coming on Saturday against Everton.

But he is so determined to hit the back of the net more often he is already dreaming up new celebrations to entertain the fans. He said: “I’m trying to work on a celebration. I’ve been listening to a lot of music at home so maybe when I score again you will see a little dance.”

Valencia accepts he has not hit the target enough to satisfy his critics in his early days at United. Goal scoring does not seem to be part of his footballing make-up — even at previous club Wigan he managed a paltry seven goals in three years.

But he hopes lining up alongside the creative talents of messers Rooney, Giggs and Scholes will allow him to increase his goal tally. He said: “I only scored seven times during my spell at Wigan and that included all the training sessions!

“So I think the criticism of that side of my game is fair. But now I am surrounded by fantastic players so I hope to get more chances.

“I’m working on that side of my game but goals aren’t the only thing I bring to the team.

“I provide crosses, tackle back and try to make clever passes to my team-mates. It is the all round game that is important.’’

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2010 Manchester United